All About Glutamine
Proteins, made of amino acids like Glutamine, are the primary nutrient necessary for body development. It is natural and abundantly found in the human body.
What is Glutamine?
Concisely, Glutamine is an amino acid that patients can consume by mouth or intravenously, following surgery or other medical conditions. The primary ingredient Leopard Nutrition Pure Glutamine Mineral Supplement is L-Glutamine. You can find it available at drug stores as capsules or in powdered form sold in packets. The commercial production of Glutamine uses bacteria for the fermentation process.
Glutamine is frequently sold as a prescribed drug and sports supplement. It has proven effective in providing short-term results in muscle growth and development.
How to consume it?
Take 200mL of water and blend, shake, or mix 5g (about one scoop) of Glutamine. You can switch water with any other beverage of your choice.
How does it interact with the body?
The muscles produce Glutamine, which is carried to different organs with the blood. The amino acid effectively builds immunity and improves the body natural body functioning and essential processes during stress. It also provides energy, in nitrogen and carbon, to different cells in the body.
Glutamine forms critical compounds, like amino acids and glucose, which improve strength and muscle growth. After a traumatic injury or surgery, the wounds require the appropriate nutrients to heal themselves. Vital organ functioning is needed to recover. Nitrogen assists the body in the healing process, and one-third of the quantity comes from Glutamine.
Generally, doctors or surgeons prescribe Glutamine supplements when consuming more than the muscles can produce. For instance, during mental stress or even when diagnosed with HIV/AIDS, we undergo muscle wasting due to the same reason. Commercially produced products compensate for the underwhelming muscle build and keep the glutamine supply intact.
Chemotherapy can also reduce glutamine levels in our body. Hence, treatment can help recover from the damage and sustain the life of affected tissues.
Does Glutamine help build and maintain the body?
Glutamine is an excellent workout supplement for adults while being a prescribed drug. You can consult a physician and start building body mass. It also aids the digestive system as the body absorbs proteins and nutrients more effectively. If you are interested in physical activity and weight training, Glutamine can support you. Moreover, you will experience enhanced rehydration and endurance, both of which help you prolong your gym session.
How does Glutamine influence the immune system?
The immune cells of our body are white blood cells and some intestinal cells. Our body requires more immunity while recovering from surgeries and burns. Hence, Glutamine boosts the muscle to break down more protein sources and release amino acids. Lower levels of Glutamine in the body can slow down healing and prolong hospital stays.
High-glutamine diets and supplements often accompany a high-protein diet for muscle building and recovery. It also reduces the risk of infections.
Studies indicate Glutamine is also beneficial for animals affected by viruses or bacteria as their immune function improves.
How does Glutamine improve intestinal health?
Our intestinal health is closely related to the immune system, as trillions of bacteria live there. Glutamine acts as the source of energy for the cells. Moreover, the supplement helps maintain a protective leaky gut that separates the inside of the intestine from the remaining body. It promotes organic cell growth and maintenance.
How effective is Glutamine?
- The FDA rates Glutamine as highly effective to treat Sickly cell disease. The standard dose is twice a day, taken by mouth. As a prescription drug, Glutamine has significantly reduced the number of visits to the hospital for patients and the number of days in admission.
- Glutamine administered through feeding tubes can treat burns. It prevents the development of infections and other complications and chances of death due to severe damage.
- Involuntary weight loss and muscle wasting during HIV/AIDS are commonplace. However, consuming 40g of Glutamine per day helps patients absorb food nutrients better and maintain their health and body mass.
- Supplying Glutamine supplement intravenously through IV following a surgery fastens patients' recovery period and can spend less in the hospital. Specifically, the drug helps with rehabilitation from abdominal surgery or bone marrow transplant and keeps hospital-acquired infections away.
When is the Glutamine supplement ineffective?
- Glutamine consumption does not correlate with improved athletic performance. However, it will help develop the muscles and body mass you will need to train harder and compete at a high level.
- The drug can be counter-productive for inflammatory bowel diseases, such as Crohn disease.
- Prescribing Glutamine supplements for congenital muscle disorders have no effect or improvement. For instance, it does not improve kidney or bladder stones or help with muscular dystrophy in children.
- Taking Glutamine by mouth also does not benefit diarrhoea treatment following radiation therapy for pelvic cancer.
How does Glutamine interact with infants' bodies?
Glutamine taken as a prescribed drug has no medical impact for infants weighing less than 2500 grams. Neither does it increase the rate of growth for children, nor does it improve feeding tolerance. If you give low weighted babies Glutamine during the initial 30 days following birth, it may affect their motor and cognitive skills until school age.
Glutamine supplements also do prevent any illness and mitigate chances of premature death in infants. It is best to keep any supplements away from their reach.
What are the side effects of taking Glutamine?
Generally, adults do not experience any significant side effects while taking glutamine supplements by mouth. Physicians recommend a dose of 40g per day. Chances are, you may find the grittiness of Glutamine in water as unpleasant in your mouth.
The standard side effects that you may experience include –
- Stomach pain
Taking the drug intravenously is also safe, and the recommended dosage is 600ms/kg of body weight every day.
What are the special precautions to bear in mind while taking Glutamine?
- Children: The standard dose recommended for children is around 0.7 grams/kg of body weight per day while taken by mouth. For IV, the dose is within 400mg/kg body weight.
- Bone marrow transplant: Patients may develop mouth ulcers and risk the chance of death if they take Glutamine intravenously. Generally, swishing in the mouth or swallowing is deemed safer for their consumption.
- Cirrhosis: Glutamine is known to worsen a case of cirrhosis. It is best to avoid consumption in such cases and consult a physician.
- Monosodium glutamate (MSG) sensitivity: The body chemically transforms Glutamine to glutamate. Hence, if you are allergic to MSG, it is best to avoid consumption.
- Seizures and mania: Mental changes and the likelihood of seizures may increase following glutamine consumption. It is best to consult a physician and avoid a dosage altogether.
There is not enough information regarding the reaction of glutamine supplements in pregnant women and during breastfeeding. It is best to consult a physician and paediatrician before starting a dose.
What should you avoid during glutamine treatment?
- Lactulose can become less effective when consumed during glutamine treatment. It decreases ammonia levels in the body, and Glutamine converts to ammonia.
- Cancer medication may interact with Glutamine. Before administering the supplement, make sure you consult your physician.
- Seizure medication interacts directly with the chemicals in the brain. Glutamine is known to do the same, and it may reduce the entire seizure treatment's effectiveness.
Why should you start taking L-glutamine?
- Fast recovery: L-Glutamine serves 5000mg of unadulterated L-Glutamine. Before or after a workout, Glutamine is your ultimate recovery fuel. It helps protect muscle tissues and supports your immune function.
- All-natural: 100% L-Glutamine top grade. Each serving provides you with 5g of pure Glutamine. Supports muscle growth and inhibits muscle breakdown. Assists in speeding up recovery after a workout may improve your body's metabolism and immune system.
- Beneficial In Many Ways: Helps stimulate protein synthesis, glucosamine synthesis, which is the critical joint compound, and prevents muscle breakdown. It may improve the functional and structural integrity of intestinal tissues.
- Buy Genuine: Every Pack has Authenticity Hallmark And Verification Code.
- Gluten-Free And Vegan Friendly: Free from any traces of Gluten, Yeast, Wheat, Soy, Dairy, Egg, Fish/Shellfish, Peanuts/Tree Nuts, or Sugar.
This item is Non-Returnable. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
Warnings: Use only as directed. It is for adult use only. Consult a health care practitioner before use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding, or lactating if you have liver or kidney disease if you have been instructed to follow a low protein diet or take any other medication. Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
Consult your physician before using this product if you take any medications or are under a physician's care for a medical condition. It is not for use by those under the age of 18 or women who are pregnant, trying to get pregnant or nursing. You can store it in a cool and dry place—content sold by weight, not volume.Buy Now