Healthy sleeping and bed cleaning habits for you to include in your daily life
Healthy sleeping and bed cleaning habits for you to include in your daily life:
A peaceful 7-8 hours sleep is what every human being needs to have a productive day. Sleep gives our brain the rest it needs after a long and tiring day. Meditating and doing breathing exercises before falling off to sleep help you in having a sound sleep. Another healthy habit to include in your daily life is to not use any screen-based gadgets like TV, mobile phone, laptops 1 hour before falling asleep.
This is not it. Did you know that the bed you sleep in plays a vital role in you having or not having a good sleep? And it thus becomes very important to clean it frequently. Your bedding might look clean but it has millions of tiny microscopic particles o them which makes it not-so-good to sleep in.
Why is it important to keep your bed clean and disinfected?
Did you know an average human being sheds over thousands of dead skin cells while they are asleep and all of them make a home on the bed sheets and pillows you sleep in? That’s right. If you are among those who change their bed sheets only when you drop your coffee on it, then you are probably doing it wrong.
Bedsheets and covers need to be changed every week. If you think you are away from the germs and bacteria and viruses on your bed you are probably wrong.
Why should you wash your bed sheets frequently?
- Dust Mites: Dust is everywhere. Though we make our beds every morning, it is impossible to remove the tiny particles called the dust mites from the sheets and guess what they feed on the thousands of dead skin cells our skin sheds every single night.
- Bacteria: What do you do when you come back home after a sweaty tiring day or after a day of hardcore workout? Well, I come and lay down straight on the bed and I know you do too. Well, guess what? The sweat is very much likely to be left behind on the sheets causing both odour and bacteria to be formed which is not good for the skin in any way.
- Dead skin cells: Skin is the largest organ of our body and a human body sheds about 1.5 gram of dead skin cells every night while sleeping.
Now that you know you should be changing the bed sheets every week, I am sure you are wondering what happens when you don’t do that. Well, we have the answer for you.
What happens when you don’t change the bedsheets every week?
Well apart from the fact that it is not hygienic to sleep on the same bed sheet for over a week, here is some other reason why you should be changing your sheets.
Sleeping on a not-so-clean bed sheet or a bed cover causes a lot of itching problems if your skin is too sensitive which can also lead to allergies. Apart from itching, people who have dust allergy are prone to having running nose and sneezing because of the dust mites present on the sheets. Not just these, if you have any sort of allergies the dust mites and bacteria present on the sheets may cause a loss of breathing as well.
What can you do to clean your bedding?
Here are a few tips and tricks to have clean bedding:
- Make use of the Sun’s light: That’s right; the UV rays from the sunlight can kill any bacteria on any piece of cloth. Wash the covers, pillows and sheets with hot water and then lay it out on the sun for it to be perfectly clean and hygienic.
- UV vacuum cleaner: UV vacuum cleaners can be used to remove the tiny dust particles and kill bacteria instantly from the beddings. This is perfect if you need to clean something on the go and can’t change the sheets immediately. These UV cleaner can also be used on the mattresses which also needs cleaning every once in a while.
- Disinfectant Spray: Due to the current times we are living in, the disinfectant spray has become one daily essential in our lives. What if we tell you, you could use the disinfectant spray to 100% clean and sanitize your mattresses, pillows, pillow covers and bedsheets, as mattresses cannot be washed, disinfectant sprays are the best option to kill the bacteria and remove the germs of the place you need a peaceful and healthy sound sleep in.
Get Earthy Boon’s disinfectant spray by clicking the link down below to avail exciting offers on the product and to be free of all the dust mites, dead skin cells, bacteria and sweat formed on your bedding. This disinfectant spray can kill up to 100% germs and bacteria from your place of sleep and give you a sound sleep. The best part of this product is that it does not leave the sheets and room with a heavy smell and it is made with natural and mild fragrances.